$800,000 blaze accidental

September 29, 2023 10:14 am in by

A fire investigation into a Penguin house fire on Wednesday night has been determined as accidental.

The fire all but destroyed the recently renovated residence with an estimated $800,000 in damages.

The investigation determined the blaze started the garage.

Article continues after this ad

Crews from Penguin, Burnie, Ulverstone and Devonport responded to the fire shortly around 8.25 pm on Wednesday night, finding the house fully involved in flames on arrival.

The occupants of the Ironcliffe Road home were out safely, but firefighters hampered by water supply issues.


Keep up to date

Sign up for our newsletter