An on-line petition attracting more than 40,000 signatures has been launched to ban the sale of enclosed fish net traps, which when used in fresh water can have devastating consequences for native species, including platypuses. Martin Agatyn spoke to Vivienne Briggs from the Tasmanian Platypus Conservation Alliance . . .
Federal Braddon MHR Justine Keay stepped up onto the Pollies Perch today. Justine spoke about electoral boundary changes, funding for tourist roads and conflict with New Zealand over branding of manuka honey . . .
Mid-Week Pollies Perch, January 17 - Shadow Minister for Primary Industries and Infrastructure Shane Broad
More Articles ...
- Recycle your old mobile and help someone in need
- Information day at Devonport Airport on future directions
- The Mayor on the Air, January 16 - Daryl Quilliam (Circular Head)
- Government to get tough on shoplifters
- Taste the Harvest, Summer Style - in Devonport this Sunday
- Australia Day fun, food and ferrets at Henley on Mersey
- First ever platypus festival for Burnie
- Interest in vinyl revival booming
- Women encouraged to run for local council elections
- Pollies Perch, January 12 - Deputy Premier Jeremy Rockliff