New Vic restrictions as Gutwein dismisses Flight Centre legal threat
The Premier isn't fazed at threats of legal action from the Flight Centre boss about ongoing state border closures.
Graham Turner has flagged suing lockout states including Tasmania if they don't reveal "reasonable" reopening plans in coming weeks
Peter Gutwein is making no apologies for the state's cautious 90 per cent full dose vaccination target before reopening.
“To be frank I couldn’t care less if the head of Flight Centre or any other business wanted to take Tasmania to court because our position will always be the health and safety of Tasmania,” he said.
It comes after Premier Gutwein announced additional border restrictions on anyone trying to enter Tasmania from Victoria.
1143 new COVID cases were confirmed across Bass Strait on Friday.
From midnight 18 local government areas (LGAs) will become high risk level 1, meaning only essential travellers can enter Tasmania if they've been in those hotspots in the past 14 days.
The region of Hume has a blanket ban so even essential travellers to Tasmania will be denied entry.
"If you have travel planned from Victoria after midnight tonight, any previously approved G2G pass will be cancelled and you'll need to reapply to identify if you've been in any of those high-risk level 1 areas," Premier Gutwein said.
Travellers can still transit through Tullamarine Airport - which is in Hume - so long as they don't leave the terminal.